Under the slogan: Al Rafidein Region is a definite guarantee for the stability of minorities in Iraq.
The Turkmen, Assyrians, Yazidis, Shabak, and other minorities are considered to be among the original Iraqi societies, as evidenced by the various civilizations of Iraq for thousands of years, as they lived, built, and constructed this area of the land between the two rivers, or the land of the valley of the two rivers, and they paid for it with the blood of their children and did not leave this good land despite the genocide campaigns against them throughout history and the disregard for their rights by the successive Iraqi governments to this day. Their share of international terrorism since 2003 has been the largest, the worst of which was the attack by the criminal takfiri ISIL gangs after June 10, 2014, which caused the emigration of hundreds of thousands of them, destroyed their religious and societal heritage, killed, raped, and kidnapped their women and children, burned their bodies, and made dozens of mass graves for them, out of hatred, malice, and reprisal against them.
After all of the genocide, ethnic cleansing, persecution, abuse, and injustice that has happened and is happening, we, the organizations, working in the name of the persecuted national societies in Iraq decided to join in a coalition that brings everyone together in order to defend our presence in Iraq, the land of our forefathers, to strive to achieve stability in our region through all democratic and civilized means, to protect the unity of Iraq, and to regain our rights by virtue of the Iraqi constitution through legal means.
As such, we announce a coalition that brings together each of the following: the Turkmen Rescue Foundation, representing the Turkmen, Al Rafedin Organization, representing the Assyrians and Christians, and the Yazidi Independent Supreme Council, representing the Yazidis. Considering that it is a strategic national coalition, it is titled as the National Coalition for Al Rafidein Region.
We shall make an effort to cooperate and come together in order to achieve the following goals:
1. Working to provide the most important requirements of “Al Rafidein Region,” which shall include three provinces (Sinjar, Talafar, and Nineveh Plain) as a region of multiple Iraqi nationalities, religions, and cultures, free from any racial or sectarian entrenchment, and give a new face to the practice of democracy in Iraq after the failure of the Iraqi regimes to protect the smaller nationalities and societies living together within the borders of the new region.
2. Acting based on the foundations of the Iraqi constitution which allows the formation of new regions and provinces and gives the right to all nationalities coexisting in Iraq to self-administration, the protection of heritage, culture, and civilization, according to Section Five / Chapter One / Articles 112, 115, and 116 of the permanent Iraqi constitution of 2005.
3. Obtaining national, international, and regional support in order to establish the Rafidein region, and to send messages of peace and security to all that the goal of the project is to practice constitutional, administrative, and humanitarian rights, and to protect the smaller original societies in Iraq, using the principle of openness in relations with everyone.
4. Using the principle of dialogue with all entities in Iraq and to adhere to good neighborliness with all neighboring parties.
5. The doors of the coalition shall be open to all political and societal organizations and formations that belong to the nationalities and societies that live within the map of the new region for the purpose of joining this coalition.
6. Confirming the unity of Iraq in its lands, people, and heritage, and strengthening the national-social fabric. The call for the region is the confirmation of the practice of the constitutional rights granted to all, to prevent the recurrence of calamities, genocide campaigns, and slaughters against smaller societies, and to protect them; it is not for the purpose of dividing Iraq.
We pray for Almighty God to bless this effort to eradicate the persecution and injustice that we have suffered for centuries and to this day, and to grant us success in achieving our higher goals, as success is from God.
Dr. Ali Akram al Bayati
President of the Turkmen Rescue Foundation
Prįñčė Naif Dawoud
President of the Yazidi Independent Supreme Council
Mr. David William Lazar
Chairman of the Mesopotamain Organization
Dr Ali Akram Al bayati president of TRF met yesterday, February 6th 2017 at a dinner with special representstive of secretory general of UN Mr Jan Kubis, special convey of EU for relegiuos freedom Mr Jan Figel as well as all EU delegations heads in Iraq.
The meeting was to discuss human rights situations in Iraq as well future of minorities after Da’esh and the ways to protect them in the future.
The discussion concentrared on the importance of empowering Iraqi governmental institutions and the dependabce in any project on Iraqi constitution with the necessity to change some articles in it.
The meeting was part of continous dialogue of EU delegations in Iraq with governmental and non governmental institutions.
A mass grave was discovered by Iraqi army forces near the city of Mosul, according to a press statement issued by an Iraqi Colonel. Mosul was partly retaken from the forces of ISIS over the course of the last months. Among the 27 Iraqi Turkmens that were found in the grave, were men, youths and children. The Turkmen Rescue Foundation expressed their concerns already in August 2015 about a genocide on Turkmens in ISIS-held Mosul going unnoticed.
Read Full text
Iraq’s Turkmen Block ISIS Escape Route from Mosul
By Douglas Burton
(ERBIL) All of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi’s intelligence and ingenuity will be tested by the brutal, complex and internecine conflict underway in Nineveh Province surrounding Mosul.
Take the case of the split within Iraq’s three-million strong Turkmen minority. The Iraqi Turkmen are a Turkic ethnic group who mostly adhere to a Turkish heritage and identity. Iraqi Turkmens are the descendants of various waves of Turkic migration to Mesopotamia beginning from the 7th century until Ottoman rule.
A conference was held at July 28th 2016 in Georgetown university about “threats of ISIS against minorities”. TRF by its president participated in the conference as representative of Turkmen. The conference was held by the relegious freedom project in US state department and Berkley centre at Georgetown university. A new report issued about the conference and all events.
Despite the vicious attack perpetrated against the Iraqi people by gangs of crimes and terrors for more than a decade, and in spite of the accusations directed against the security and military Iraqi forces who are fighting the fiercest organization on earth and resisting such criminals by the blood of Iraqis to prevent further crimes, and in spite of the mass protest movement in Iraq during the past few months to reform the political system in the Iraqi state and to eliminate the quota system and the division of privileges and positions in the Iraqi state on the basis of sectarian or partisan rules, and in spite of the promises given by institutions of iraqi state to reform the political system that brought the country to the abyss because of the corruption of political parties and quotas abhorrent and in spite of the technocrats’ logo raised to repair the system and combat corruption by positioning them in authority places to convince the international community to help Iraq and get out of the hard economic and security situations, in spite of all mentioned facts one can see today how one of the most important institution in Iraqi state that are supposed to be independent and used for non political issues and its main function is to defend the human rights and Iraqis rights and resist all kinds of fierce attacks against Iraq by the civilian ways, media and all democratic tools, it is the Human Rights Commission which unfortunately, will turn into parties’ Rights Commission because of political pressure exerted against the committee supervising the selection of the new members of human rights commission, and unfortunately, it will be subjected to the authority and control of the ruling parties and also will not issue any humanitarian report related to the rights of Iraqis or to defend Iraq in a professional manner. It is also observed despite the fact that minorities in Iraq are more affected by terrorism and they have been abandoned, slaughtered, burnt and their women abducted and became captive by the terrorist gangs and the the criminal groups committed numerous mass graves and massacres against them, we can see how this commission will be free from any name that will represent the minorities with all their diversity, which is an injustice and another kind of terrorism against the oppressed communities in Iraq.
We demand and call the religious authority in Najaf ( Marajaaia ), UN mission in Iraq, the presidency of republic of Iraq, parliament and ministers to intervene to keep these institutions away from the political quota system and make such independent bodies to defend Iraq and the rights of Iraqis, through selection of a group of dedicated professionals to the issue of human rights.
Turkmen rescue Foundation
January 15, 2017